Strong Women = Strong World Not a campaign. An Answer.
Do you see what I see?
“If we unleash the potential of world’s girls and young women,
We will unleash a powerful force that will bring about lasting change to all corners of the globe.”
Michele Bachelet, Executive Director of UN Women
Watch this 2 minute video and you’ll see how – click here!
So, where to start? Read on and start with the 3 Steps below.
Poverty ends with ME…YOU…US.
and HER….the girl in a developing country,
who is …denied access to education, forced into early marriage, denied land ownership rights, treated like property.
Ready to strengthen women and girls to build a better World for children?
Together we can build a stronger World – Let’s Believe in Her…
Her Strength, Her Potential, Her Hope, Her Future!
In small ways, we can help her to stand up, raise her family, and give back to her community.
Consider the power we have to transform the World.
World Vision’s Strong Women, Strong World initiative supports sustainable change in some of the most difficult places in the world to be a girl or a woman. They are strengthening women and girls to build a better world for children, which will lead to lifting countries out of poverty, growing economies, decreasing conflict, and improving health.
Here are 3 steps WE can take to help women:
1. Buy a “Strong Women=Strong World” tee-shirt – all proceeds go to Strong Women = Strong World (except for $1 for processing fees): click here!
2. Send a card to Congress: click here!
3. Sponsor a Girl: click here!
Click here to read more: www.strongwomenstrongworld.org
From World Vision’s Site:
She is a girl in a developing country.
She is denied access to education and forced into early marriage.
She is a woman who is denied land ownership rights and treated like property.
But if given the opportunity, she will give back to her family and to her community, creating a ripple effect of positive change. This is why we work in some of the most difficult places in the world to be a woman – because change is possible.
With your partnership, we’re changing the lives of women and girls living in poverty through integrated programs. Learn more.
- Channels of Hope for Gender training
- Improving child and maternal health
- Justice, rights and protection
- Improving access to education
- Job training and access to capital
- Clean water, hygiene and sanitation
Strong Women, Strong World will:
- – Mobilize and train church and community leaders advancing gender equity in Bolivia, El Salvador, Ethiopia and Sierra Leone
- – Train midwives and provide life-saving healthcare for mothers and newborn babies in Afghanistan, Ethiopia and Sierra Leone
- – Protect and support victims of human trafficking in Bangladesh and India while working to prevent further victimization
- – Provide financial training, services and savings groups for women entrepreneurs in Bolivia, Dominican Republic, Niger and Zambia
- – Support victims of gender-based violence with shelter, healthcare, education, vocational training, and psychological services in Eastern Congo
- – Educate and protect for girls at risk of female genital mutilation and forced early marriage in Kenya and Ethiopia
- – Provide water, sanitation and hygiene programs for families in Mali and Niger
- – Counsel, scholarship, provide legal services and business training for women affected by gender-based violence in Zambia
The projects chosen for this initiative focus on community driven long-term interventions which empower, protect, educate, and nurture girls and women, providing them with equal rights and opportunities. Programming will engage men and women, boys and girls, collaboratively, to build equitable, just and sustainable communities. By focusing on interlinked issues and addressing them together, we can create the greatest impact.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.