You know when you’re at an authentic Italian restaurant….your taste buds are awakened by pure flavors – tomatoes taste like fresh tomatoes, olive oil is extra virgin, and every dish is homemade with the freshest ingredients!
During our visit to Carmel by-the-Sea, we dined at Carmel’s Cantinetta Luca and the Italian cuisine was excellent, service was fantastic – here are a few of the dishes we enjoyed…
BUT FIRST…our cheers to Giuseppe Panzuto, Director and Manager of Cantinetta Luca’s for accomodating us, and to the Executive Chef JASON BALESTRIERI for delighting us with this cuisine!
- Breadsticks and fresh bread -Hot out of the wood burning oven !
- Zuppa del Giorno – homemade minestrone soup
- Eggplant Parmigiana – Roasted Eggplant, Pomodoro, Parmesan & Mozzarella
- Grilled Angus Porterhouse Steak seasoned with Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Tuscan Olive Oil, a splash of Balsamic Vinegar. Sliced off the bone and served in a cast iron skillet.
- Luca’s signature Tiramisu melted in our mouths
We will be back to Luca’s to continue our Italian feast and try the Homemade pastas and wood burning oven pizzas.
Located at Dolores Street between Ocean and Seventh, Carmel-by-the-Sea
Be sure to call for reservations in advance: #831.625.6500